Thank you Talk to a wall from http://talktoawall.wordpress.com/ for the nomination!
The rules are:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to do the same.
4. Let the bloggers know you have nominated them.
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I am a redhead.
2. I never learned how to drive or had drivers license until I was 27. I started off driving my sisters Hyundai accent, I never wanted to drive anything bigger. Then we bought a mini-van, I thought the mini-van was way too big, and hated driving it. A few years later my husband wanted a pick-up truck, so now I’m driving a big RAM truck and I never want to drive anything smaller!
3. I live in the second snowiest city in Canada.
4. My eyesight is horrible, I have had glasses since I was six. I hated them because they magnified my eyes. I liked them because they had cute pictures of minnie mouse along the arms.
5. I have two sisters, and no brothers. I am the oldest. Growing up myself and the sister closest in age to me used to tell my younger sister she was an alien and the “mother ship” was eventually coming back for her, she believed us for years.
6. I grew up in a fairly large city, and moved to a very small town when I was 14. For years I wanted to go back, I missed being in a city. I always said I would move back one day. But, I have lived in the same town ever since I was 14 and its kind of grown on me. I’ve actually daydreamed about living in a smaller town or a farm.
7. I have never been outside of Canada.
8. I wanted to be a lawyer as a child.
9. We got a German shepherd in June, I think some people thought we were crazy because we have three small children, But she is an amazing and well behaved dog. I would recommend the breed to anyone, she is so smart, and good with the kids.
10. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis at 25. I had an episode that lasted about two months and hasn’t returned since. I never gave much thought before that about how difficult it must be for people to live with chronic pain. I only got a small taste of it in the those 2 months and it really put into perspective the suffering some people endure everyday.
11. I had all three of children by C-section. I wholeheartedly believed I was going to die each time.
Q & A
1. Q – If you had to eat the same meal everyday for the rest of your life, what would it be?
A – Definitely pizza!
2. Q – Do you have any recurring dreams or recurring themes in your dreams?
A – I used to have a lot of dreams my children were in trouble and I couldn’t make it to them
3. Q – What does blogging mean for you?
A – For me it means an outlet, a place to vent or just to write. It also has shown me the very real
human side of people from all over the world with different backgrounds and different cultural and
religious views. It is a heart-warming feeling when you are reading someone else’s post and you are
able to connect and relate to it.
4. Q – Would you choose ninja or pirate? vampire or werewolf? socks or hats?
A – Ninja, Vampire and socks!
5. Q – What is the one thing that always helps you relax or feel better?
A – A bath always works!
6. Q – If you celebrate Christmas, what present do you want the most this year?
A – There is honestly nothing I want or need, seeing my kids happy and every one close to me healthy and
happy is about all I could I ever want!
7. Q – Do you feel more comfortable with yourself as you age?
A – Yes, My appearance is not as important to me as It once was.
8. Q – You have to choose between these hobbies: knitting? gardening? collecting items (and what items)?
bird watching? bee keeping?
A – Gardening, my flowers usually die but I enjoy gardening any-ways!
9. Q – Do you have a favorite book or author? What about genre?
A – I don’t have any particular favourite author, I do enjoy mysteries though.
10.Q – Has social media brought you closer to people, or has it kept you from making genuine connections?
A – I think it has kept me connected to many people I probably would not have kept contact with, But
it has also occupied a lot of my time at times, keeping me from connecting with people around me. I
try to limit my time if I see I am getting too consumed!
11.Q – What is the reason and/or meaning behind your blog’s title?
A – I sometimes feel like the “man overboard” trying to raise three children, hence “Mom overboard.”
1. how old were you when you started driving?
2. Did you go to college/university?
3. When did you start blogging and why?
4. If you could have 3 wishes granted what would they be?
5. What was your favourite subject in elementary school?
6. Do you have pets?
7. Do you have children?
8. favourite meal?
9. If you were stranded on an island and could only have three songs with you, what would they be?
10. What is your favourite season?
11. favourite colour?